Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tropical


First of all, I should apologise for the shocking lack of grammar displayed in yesterday’s post. It’s been a very long week full of exams, and the blog has suffered (as evidenced by my lack of posts).

This is another photo taken at the lake. The lake is split into several sections, split by small roads. This section of the lake was lined with trees, down each side. I positioned myself at the end of one row, and decided to hold the camera on an angle, in order to create a more prominent “tunnel” effect with the branches. I achieved the effect that I wanted to, but the original photo looked dull and under-saturated. To fix this, I edited the image in Photoshop.

Initially, I took the contrast to what I thought looked acceptable and adjusted the brightness to match. However, I decreased the brightness slightly more than intended, but decided I liked the effect of dark shadows, so increased the contrast to make this more prominent. I then increased the saturation. I prefer to over-saturate, then work backwards. Having done this, decided that I like the bright blues of the sky and yellow tones of the trees. I also adjusted the hue, as I wanted to give more of an impact.

I decided to name my image “Tropical”, as it reminds me of the kind of thing that you might find on the side of a juice bottle, and the bright colours against the shadows make the image striking. Considering that the image was uninteresting before, I’m incredibly pleased. I shall apologise for any grammatical errors now, but hopefully I’m more literate this evening!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment