Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Five Colours



From today’s image, you can tell why I was excused from blogging last night!!! I went to a McFly concert at a local music venue (unfortunately, not in the capacity of a photographer!). Of course, I did take a camera, but only a compact.

During some parts of the concert, the audience were encouraged to participate, to which they happily obliged. This is the subject of my photo. As I was using a compact camera, I was unable to choose many settings myself. I chose an ISO of 1600 in order to get the fastest shutter speed possible. The camera chose an aperture of F2.8 at 1/60th.

Using such a high ISO meant the image quality wasn’t as good, so I decided to edit it. I increased the contrast, decreased the brightness and increased the saturation to make the image more vibrant, and to show the difference of tones between the crowd and the lights on the stage. I had an amazing time at the gig last night, and look forward to sharing more photos with you in due course.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment