Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Perched And Waiting



Both Bex and I managed to get out for a short while today, so we decided to go for a quick walk around the local nature reserve. While we were on our way into the forest I spotted a bird flying towards a tree, it slowed and landed on a branch about 25 feet in front of me! I fortunately had my telephoto lens on my camera so I cropped in on the pigeon to get the best composition.

As I cropped in I noticed the bird had a small twig in its beak, it was carrying into another tree nearby to create a nest. I focussed the camera onto the head of the pigeon and I kept the bird in the centre of the frame because I thought this would give the best composition. I didn’t use the flash as it was still in my camera bag and I didn’t know how long I had until the pigeon would fly off again.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and lowered the highlights, to make sure the white patch didn’t become clipped. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with how the photo looked straight from the camera. The colours had been replicated perfectly and the composition looked spot on how I wanted it.

I’m glad we got a chance to go out for a photography wander, the weather was amazing and it was nice to go for a walk in the bright sunshine. Hopefully the weather will last for a while longer!


Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment