Friday, May 24, 2013

Tangled




I decided to take my camera with me this afternoon, as I wanted to go for a walk through the nature reserve. I didn’t take many photos, as I wasn’t in a very photographic mood, but did take a few- such as this.

I noticed on one of the trees that the edges of the leaves had started to go red, making them look more eye catching. I decided to focus on the leaves falling away from the main branch, as they looked as if they had become tangled around it.

I liked the photo but decided to edit it as I had left the camera’s white balance on auto and it had chosen the wrong one. To compensate, I changed the hue something slightly bluer, as most of the image had gone red. I then decreased the saturation, as I didn’t want bright colours to detract from the composition. I increased the contrast while decreasing the brightness, as I wanted to give the image more impact. However, I didn’t increase the contrast by much, as I didn’t want the image to be as striking as I would normally prefer. I also sharpened the image to highlight details on the branch and leaves.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment