Saturday, May 11, 2013

Movement



As promised, today’s image features the street art in the town centre. There are steps down to the jetty of the water taxi. Water runs down these steps and is lit up by lights behind the waterfall in the evening.

I took this photo after my meal with my family, as it was dark by that point so I knew the lights would be on. There are small lights following the walkway, which light up the edges of the streams of water. I used this to my advantage, and took the photo from an angle, to make the highlights more prominent. I used a shutter speed of 1/20, with an aperture of F22, as I wanted to blur the water, but needed to underexpose slightly.

I was surprised with the success of the photo, and decided that I didn’t need to edit the image. My usual practice would be to sharpen the photo, but I had boosted the sharpness in camera, and felt no need to. This week should run much more smoothly, and you’ll see more of me. Hopefully, that’s a good thing!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment