Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Paddling




This photo I took on one of my recent trips to our local duckpond, it was very busy with a lot of ducks and swans on the lake. Even though it was very busy I did see one duck that was paddling around on its own. I thought it made an interesting composition paddling around with the small waves flowing away from it.

To make the most of the composition I had the camera in aperture priority with an aperture of F11 selected to give a large depth of field. I had the ISO set at ISO1600 to ensure that the shutter speed selected would be fast enough to remove any camera shake or motion blur. I didn’t need to use the flash gun as the clouds were diffusing the natural light.

I didn’t edit the photo as I was happy with how the photo looks straight from the camera. The exposure was spot on and the colours had been replicated perfectly. I didn’t crop the photo as I was also happy with the composition.

I’m looking forward to this weekend as it should be very good for photography. If this weekend goes well then I’m sure we will both have plenty of photos to upload for you over the next few weeks.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment