Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Illusion




I walked home for a change today, as the weather consisted of glorious sunshine, with a slight breeze to cool the air; in my opinion, the perfect weather! I was about five minutes away from my house and without my camera when I spotted this “flower”, so rushed home and returned with camera at the ready.
I use quotation marks, because in actual fact, it is not a flower, but a bud with leaves at the stem. I liked the way that you have to look closely to see that it isn’t a flower. I was lucky to have spotted this, as I went back the next day to find the leaves open.
I tried to under expose the image as I didn’t want a background, and didn’t have any black card to hand. I used flash to pick out the foreground, with an aperture of F22 to reduce the amount of light, and to make sure that the whole plant was in focus. Also, I used a shutter speed of 1/160, as I was using on camera flash, and this is the sync speed. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the plant had small white hairs along the stem. I sharpened the image in Photoshop to show this, but haven’t done anything else, as I was pleased with the original.
Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment