Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Through the Trees




Once again I’m uploading another photo from the wildlife photo shoot I went on during the weekend. For this photo I was trying to capture the bird up against the blue sky, but when I took the photo the meter had metered for the sky and the whole photo was underexposed. When I came back to look at this photo I actually liked the effect that this created.

I had the camera in aperture priority with an aperture of F8 selected, and ISO 400 locked in. The camera selected a shutter speed of 1/200th of a second for this photo. I wasn’t using the flash as I wanted to expose for both the foreground and the background (although this turned out to be impossible).

When looking back at this photo I actually really liked the underexposed effect. So to enhance the effect I increased the contrast and lowered the shadows until the bird and the foreground turned into a silhouette. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with how everything else looked.

Hopefully I will have more happy-accidents with my photos! Because they generally work out to be very interesting photos!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment