Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Urban Road




Following on from yesterdays post, I thought I should upload another urban landscape. I thought I should upload this one as it is a bit different. The effect I was trying to create was a high contrasting scene, between the bright sky and the dark buildings in the foreground.

To create this high contrast I had the camera in aperture priority with an aperture of F20 selected; I then underexposed the photo by one stop. By underexposing this makes the sky clearly visible but puts the buildings in the foreground into a dark shadow. I like this effect as I makes the building look like they are being looked over by the bright sky. I used the preset white balance for daylight as I thought this would give the most accurate balance of colours.

In the editing stage, I increased the contrast and the shadows, to bring back some details that had been lost. I then changed the amount of blue and red in the photo; I did this to make the blue of the sky very vibrant and to stand out clearly from the rest of the photo. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with the photo.

I’m very pleased with how the urban photos that I have been taking have come out. I like urban photography as the possibilities are almost endless, around every corner lays a different photograph to be taken. Being able to spot and capture these photos is the most challenging and fun part of urban photography and will defiantly keep me going back into the city.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment