Sunday, April 7, 2013

Frosted




I was looking through some photos this evening, as I wanted to add to the wall of photos that I created previously. While looking for some pictures to add, I stumbled across this image and decided to edit it to see what happened.

I took this photo while on an early morning walk through the local nature reserve, trying to get some good photos in the fog. As it happened, there was no fog and the early morning was wasted, as there wasn’t a lot to take photos of until it was light as the wildlife had the right idea and didn’t venture out until later!!!

Where it was still dark, the camera struggled to get the correct white balance, meaning the image was almost bright blue. I corrected this using Photoshop. I increased the contrast and reduced the brightness slightly. I then almost completely desaturated the image, and decreased the hue to make the blue more prominent. I then sharpened the whole image, in order to draw attention to the formation of the ice crystals.

I love looking through old photos, as you never know what gems you might find!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment