Monday, April 8, 2013

Daffodil




This photo was taken on the trip into town that Bex and I went on recently. I saw that some daffodils were growing in the shelter of a wall. I thought by making the depth of field very short I could isolate the daffodil and create an interesting composition.

To ensure the depth of field was small enough I used an aperture of F8, this kept the the depth of field large enough for the entire flower to be sharp, but small enough for the background to become blurred out of focus. I left the camera to select the shutter speed and the ISO, which it chose 1/200th and ISO 250 respectively.

To edit the photo I lowered the brightness down and increased the shadows, I did this to keep the lighting even across the photo. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with how I had framed the photo and the colours had been replicated perfectly.

I’m glad we managed to get out for a photography trip; I’ve now got lots more photos to upload to the blog. Although, I still might go out on another photography trip because I have some ideas that I want to try out in our local nature reserve.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment