Thursday, April 11, 2013

Scampering Squirrel




I know I very recently uploaded a photo of a squirrel but I had taken a lot of photos of the squirrel and this is one of the photos that I really liked. I was trying to take a photo of the squirrel as it was scampering along.

To capture the photo I used the camera in shutter priority and selected a shutter speed of 1/500th of a second. I also selected an ISO of ISO800, as this would enable the use of this shutter speed. The camera chose an aperture of F5.6 as I was overexposing by 1/3 of a stop. I didn’t use the flash as I didn’t want the squirrel to be scared away.

I didn’t edit the photo as I was happy with how the image was exposed and with how the colours had been replicated. I was happy with how I had composed the photo so I didn’t crop the photo. Overall I was happy with the effect I had created when taking the photo.

Unfortunately Bex has been very busy recently with a lot of important deadlines coming up soon. She apologises and tells me that she is missing the blog, but she will be back blogging very soon. I still have a few more photos that I can upload from last weekend, but hopefully I will get a chance to go out for a photography wander at some point over the weekend.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment