Thursday, April 18, 2013

Choices



The name is a little self explanatory today, as it’s a picture of a menu. Mat and I went for a meal, to a small restaurant on the outskirts of the city centre. They had flowers on every table (see 12th April), and dimmed lights creating soft shadows over everything. As I was about to look at the menu on the table, I noticed the shadows over the page, selecting different words. I decided to take a photo of this, as I liked the effect it created, and the fact that it seemed a little abstract.

I used an aperture of F4.5, as I didn’t want many of the words to be in focus and needed as much light as possible to compensate for the overall dark setting. I had to use ISO 1600, which introduced a lot of noise to the image, but was necessary. I actually think the effect produced by the noise adds to the photo by giving it more texture. I haven’t done any editing, as I liked the original and the way the overall image had a soft tone to it.

I know that a menu is something incredibly simple to take a photo of, but I think that as long as there is an element of composure, you can make a good picture of anything you find.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment