Monday, April 22, 2013

Go Nuts




This photo was taken the last time I went into town. I know I’ve already uploaded a few photos of the Squirrel there, but I really like the composition I had captured in this photo. The squirrel was running around very quickly, but every now and then he would come very close to where I was positioned. One time he stopped about 5-8 feet in front of me and stood there looking at me for a few seconds.

While the squirrel was standing still I quickly brought the camera up to my eye and took a series of photos. I had the camera in shutter priority with a shutter speed of 1/500th of second to freeze the action. The camera selected an aperture of F4.5 and an ISO of ISO4000 to complete the exposure. I left the other settings on default as I didn’t have time to change them before taking the photos.

To edit the photo I lowered the overall brightness as I had overexposed by around 1-2 stops!  I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with how the photo was composed and the colours had been replicated just how I wanted them to be.

We still haven’t had a chance to go out for a photography wander. But hopefully over the next few days we will get a chance. If not I will use some more photos from our previous photography wanders.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment