Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cityscape




This photo I had taken on the trip Bex and I took into town over the weekend. We were waiting at the bus-stop, our bus was running slightly late, which meant I had some spare time. I saw that behind the bus-stop was a great city view down the river and into the distance. I framed the photo to have the river in the centre with the buildings on either side completing the composition.

I had the camera in aperture priority so as I wanted a deep depth of field I selected a small aperture of F11. There was plenty of light so I didn’t have to worry about the shutter speed; because there was a lot of light I locked the ISO at ISO 100, to keep the quality as high as possible. The camera selected a shutter speed of 1/125th of a second to complete the exposure. I increased the saturation in camera to make the colours look punchier.

I didn’t edit the photo as I was happy with how the photo came out of the camera. The exposure was calculated accurately and didn’t require any adjustments. I was also happy with how the colours had been replicated, I’m glad I increased the saturation in camera as it really makes the orange colours on the buildings look very vibrant.

I enjoy taking photos of the inside of cities, it is a bit of a struggle to capture a photo without any vehicles or any people in; but I always enjoy a challenge! I very much forward to the next time.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment