Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Natural White




I haven’t had a chance to go on a photography wander recently, but I was looking through the photos that I had taken during my most recent photo shoot. I was looking through them and this one ‘jumped’ out at me.

I had the camera in manual mode so I could select both the aperture and the shutter speed. I then preselected an aperture of F11 to keep the depth of field as deep as possible. I had to use 20 second exposure time because I was only using natural light for the exposure. I didn’t use the flash in this photo as I wanted a more natural effect.

The only editing I did to this photo was to increase the contrast and to lower the highlights. I did this because I wasn’t completely happy with the result straight from the camera. I didn’t change the white balance or the saturation because I was happy with how the colours had been replicated.

I like the effect I had created with this photo, using the natural light has made the flowers look a lot more natural. Hopefully I will get a chance to go for a photography walk at some point this weekend.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment