Monday, April 1, 2013

Birthday Blogging




Today, Daily Wanders has reached a milestone. A year ago today, I spent two hours staring at a computer screen, trying to figure out what to write, how to write it, how to use the software and just how an earth we would manage to keep this going. That, and the title of our blog, of course!

Today, Mat and I had a mini birthday party; and what is a birthday party without a cake and candles (cut finely as we had a few people to thank!). It seems strange, that a year ago I was wondering how we’d manage these daily uploads, yet now, it feels strange if I don’t sit down to write a post in the evenings; something I find very enjoyable and quite relaxing!!

This past year has been incredibly busy, with a huge itinerary that we seem to have packed in (who knows where?). Examples of this being Brisfest (21st-23rd September), a few holidays, visits to relatives, a balloon fiesta, a harbour festival, open days, church visits and many wanders through the town centre, villages and the harbour to name a few. It seems that whatever we have been through and wherever we have gone this past year, the blog has followed. It’s been great to have something to focus on, something that pushes you to get out of bed at 5am because the fog is photogenic (even if you are sleep-deprived!) and a means of access to things I otherwise wouldn’t have been lucky enough to have been involved in.

I have been asked by more than a few people what the future for Daily Wanders entails, and if it’s anything like the last year, then I perhaps should’ve told them that I don’t have a clue! However, we will definitely continue to post every day. For those more technically minded, this post may disappoint you somewhat, but I do hope it gives you an insight into the past year from our perspective, and that you will join us in saying happy birthday, and thank you to everyone who has supported us so far.

Mat and Bex
(written by Bex)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment