Friday, April 5, 2013

Waiting




I took this photo on my short stay at the railway station yesterday. There was a short gap when no trains arrived or departed the station. During this period a woman walked onto the platform and sat down on one of the many seats. I thought that by isolating her and the local surroundings I could make an interesting composition.

I used the camera in live view so the woman wouldn’t see me taking the photo of her. Because of this I also had the camera in the program auto mode, as I couldn’t change the aperture or the shutter speed easily. I did preset the ISO at 200 though, so the quality would still be high while enabling the use of a fast enough shutter speed.

To edit the photo I cropped it a little tighter to enhance the composition. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with the effect I had created. The exposure was spot on so I didn’t change it; the colours had also been replicated perfectly.

Bex and I are planning a trip into our local town tomorrow, so hopefully we will come back with plenty of new photos to upload.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment