Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Branching Close




Both Bex and I went into town today as we had some spare time, I took one of my cameras with me but I decided to take my Pentax ME Super with me so I can’t show you any of the photos I took quite yet. So I thought I would upload another photo from the previous trip into town.

As we were walking around there was a bush that was in the middle of the park. It looked quite odd as it wasn’t surrounded by anything, I tried to take a wide angle photo of the bush in its surroundings but I didn’t like how the composition looked; so I tried a tighter composition, focusing on just a few branches. I think this tighter composition worked much better. To make the most of the composition I used the camera in aperture priority and selected an aperture of F9, this gave a good compromise between the branch being sharp and the background being blurred. I also set the ISO to ISO100 for the maximum quality. The camera completed the exposure with a shutter speed of 1/80th of a second. I also used the flash to create a higher contrast between the branch and the background.

The only editing I did was to increase the contrast and to lower the overall brightness slightly as I think this make the photo look a lot punchier. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with how the photo was straight from the camera.

I didn’t quite finish the film off today, hopefully Bex and I will get a chance to go out on another walk later this week and I’ll be able to finish the roll.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment