Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Travelling




I haven’t got out for a photography wander quite yet, so I looked through some of my previous photography wanders. I was looking through my trip to our local railway station; while I was there an express passed through the station. I managed to capture a few images as it sped through.

To capture the image I had the camera in manual mode, I did this to make sure that the all the movement was frozen still and to have the depth of field that I wanted. I selected a shutter speed of 1/500th of a second and an aperture of F5.6. This ensured the movement was frozen still and the depth of field was suitably narrow. I didn’t use the flash as it was banned on the platform, and because the train was too far away for it to make much of a distance.

I didn’t edit the photo as I was happy with how I had captured the photo. The camera had exposed the photo and reproduced the colours exactly as I wanted them. The composition was precisely what I wanted so I didn’t crop the photo down.

It’s unlikely I’m going to be able to get out for a photography wander this week, but I’m hoping to be able to get out for a photography wander on this Saterday.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment