Thursday, April 4, 2013

Outing




I managed to get out for a short time today, so I thought I would go back our local railway station. While I was there a small group of friends were waiting to get on their train to Weston-Super-Mare. They were very happy and chatting to each other. I had my telephoto lens on my camera so I managed to take a photo without them noticing.

I had the camera set into manual mode so I could decide which shutter speed and aperture to use. For this photo I had the shutter speed set at 1/500th and the aperture set at F11. Using this aperture ensured the depth of field was large enough to keep the whole group in focus. I had left the ISO to automatic and the camera selected ISO 6400 which introduced a lot of noise.

To edit this photo the first thing I did was to reduce the noise, after I increased the contrast to make the photo look punchier. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with the result I had made. The colours had been reproduced accurately in the camera and didn’t require any changes.

I enjoyed my short stay at the railway station, if I get another chance soon I would like to go back as I have a few ideas that I want to try out. Otherwise, a trip down to the duckpond would also be beneficial as I have some ideas I would like to try out with my flash gun.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment