Friday, April 12, 2013

Shadowed



Foremost, I must apologise for hardly appearing on Daily Wanders so far this month; I have been incredibly busy with deadlines to meet, so the blog has very much been left for Mat to run. I should be able to post more regularly after this past week of madness. Now, more importantly, today’s post.

I called this image shadow for 3 reasons. Initially, for the black background; created by under-exposing when using flash to lose the detail purposely. Secondly, the shadow of the first flower is cast onto the second. Finally, a slightly more abstract reason; the flower behind shadows the foremost, and the way it is placed makes it look like a colour shadow, or a reflection of the front most flower.

I took this photo when out for lunch after a photography wander with Mat; the cafĂ© had flowers on each table, so we spent most of our time ignoring each other! I’m really pleased with this image because it has a lot of different perspectives that you could see, but also because it was a rare “lucky shot”. I didn’t need to edit this picture, as I liked the original. I love being able to use the original image, because it shows that you are improving as a photographer. I’m photographing a fashion show tomorrow, so if you like photography, and like to be on trend, Daily Wanders is the place to be!!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment