Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pink Rose




I was looking through some of my previous photo shoots, when I remembered about this photo. I wanted to upload it at the time but I must have forgotten about it. It’s very similar to one I have already uploaded but with a different lighting technique.

For this photo I had the camera in manual mode with a flash gun set up underneath the flower. I had the flash gun underneath as I wanted the flower to be lit from the bottom left corner of the frame. I set the aperture at F6.3 as this gave me the depth of field I wanted. I had already locked the ISO at 100 for maximum image quality. I then selected a shutter speed of 1.3 seconds to complete the exposure.

The only editing I did to the photo was to increase the contrast and to lower the highlights slightly as the whites were just starting to become clipped. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with the overall effect.

I should be going out for a wildlife photo shoot this Saturday if the weather is good enough for photography. Otherwise I’m sure I will find plenty more photos in my computer.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment