Monday, April 29, 2013

Resting Robin




This photo has to be my shot of the day! We were walking along the path when I spotted movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look round and just saw this robin fly into the bush. I immediately stopped at turned round to take a photo. I thought it would fly off very quickly so i rushed to take the first photo. To my surprise the robin didn’t move, so I crept a little closer, took a few more photos. I kept closing in until I was about 10 feet away from the robin! This meant I could set up the composition that I wanted.

To capture this image I set the camera to 1/400th of a second shutter speed and I locked the ISO at ISO200. The camera selected an aperture of F5.6. I had also manually selected the focus point and moved it onto the robin’s eye to ensure that it was pin-sharp.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and then lowered the highlights to retain an even exposure. I didn’t crop the photo as I was happy with how I had framed the photo at the time. The colours had been replicated accurately and really show off the red-orange colour of the robin.

This is definitely my shot of the day; none of the other photos that I had taken on the day are as good as this one. I will still be uploading more photos from my trip over the next week.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment