Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lone Leaf




I took quite a few photos in town one the trip that Bex and I went on. This was one of my favourite photos from the trip. A leaf was being carried around the park on the wind when it got caught on the branch of a hedge.

I liked the composition that it created as it hung from the branch. To make the most of this composition I used a moderate aperture of F9, this gives a short depth of field to have the background out of focus but the leaf and its surroundings still sharply in focus. I had the ISO in auto, so the camera selected ISO 320 and a shutter speed of 1/60th to complete the exposure. I boosted the saturation in camera to give the colours a boost.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and colour tone. I did this to make the colours look even more vibrant. The greens on the leaves look very fresh with the higher colour tone. Increasing the contrast also makes the photo look much more vibrant and gives the photo an increased vibrancy.

Bex and I have planned to go out for a photography wander tomorrow; unfortunately the weather hasn’t been too good recently so hopefully it will improve enough to allow us to go out with our cameras. If we do get the chance we will upload the photos we take to show you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment