Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fantasy Glade


I took this photo on a recent trip to a local arboretum with Mat. He set up a base in one location, as he wanted to try experimenting with lights. While he did this, I chose to walk ahead. There was a small alcove that the path didn’t lead to, which seemed untouched, like not many others had found their way here, making it the perfect place to set up a shot for a “fantasy” theme. What I mean by this is deviating from what we would normally upload; editing to change the overall image, rather than enhancing what’s already visible.

I used an aperture of F16 to capture all detail, as I wanted the entire depth of the scene to be visible. This meant I had to use an ISO of 800, but the extra noise added texture to the image. Although it looks like I did a lot of editing, in reality I didn’t. I sharpened the image, and increased contrast as I would normally. I then increased the hue dramatically to produce the blue-green tones. The foreground was originally a very blue-green, so this turned purple, while the middle changed from red to green. I increased the saturation to make this effect more prominent.

I’m pleased with the result of this. Sometimes, it’s hard to know when an image is suited to dramatic editing, but I think this photo lends itself well. The blog is 1 year old tomorrow! Looking back, it has been a very busy year for us and has gone incredibly quickly. Hopefully, year 2 will bring just as much excitement!! Thankyou to those who have supported us this past year, we couldn’t have done it without you!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment