Saturday, March 23, 2013

Through The Trees




I managed to go out for a photography wander today, so I went for a short walk around the nature reserve. I didn’t have very long so I didn’t take many photos, this is one of my favourites. I was out during the evening and the sun was starting to set, so I tried to capture the sunlight as it passed through the tree.

I used an aperture of F8 to ensure the depth of field was big enough but also ensuring the light didn’t diffuse around the aperture blades. I left the camera to select the shutter speed and ISO. I boosted the colour saturation and colour tone in camera.

When editing the photo, I cropped out the bottom of the frame as there was a lot of dead space which detracted from the overall effect I was aiming for. I also boosted the colour saturation and colour tone further to make the colours really stand out. I didn’t change anything else as i was happy with the effect I had created.

As I didn’t take that many photos today, I hope to get another chance very soon to capture some more images. I have a few ideas of what I want to photograph so the next time I’m out I shall experiment with these ideas and show you the results.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment