Friday, March 15, 2013

Hillside




Haven’t had a chance to go out for a recently, and a lot of my photos from my duckpond trip are very similar. I thought I’d look for something a bit different, so I had a look through my computers memory for some inspiration. I was looking through some of my holiday folders, when I found this photo.

I like how the composition is split up into three distinct depths: the hedge and field in the foreground, the row of trees in the middle and the mountains far off in the distance. To make the most of this composition I used the minimum aperture of F22, as this gives the deepest depth of field. I then manually focused about ¾ of the way through the frame, to ensure that everything was in pin sharp detail. I left the camera to select the shutter speed and the ISO.

I didn’t edit the photo because I was very happy with result I had created in camera. The camera had calculated the exposure perfectly and had reproduced the colours accurately, so I decided not to change either.

Unfortunately Bex is having some computer problem. The problem will be fixed very quickly though; and she will be back up and blogging very soon.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment