Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Looking Through The Gaps




This photo was taken on my weekend walk. I walked past a small bush, but it had gap in the foliage which I thought could make an interesting composition. To create this composition I took the photo through this gap in the foliage.

I had the camera in aperture priority and I selected an aperture of F5.6, to reduce the depth of field. I also preselected the ISO sensitivity at ISO 400, which meant a fast enough shutter speed is enabled and the quality is also retained. I managed to use a shutter speed of 1/50th of a second which was fast enough so I could hand hold the camera.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and lowered the shadows; I did this to make the photo more dynamic as it looked a bit flat before. I didn’t change the colour tone or the saturation as i was happy with how the colours had been replicated.

I’m glad I got a chance to go for a photography wander, I keep trying out different techniques and I think my skills are slowly getting better over time. I’ll keep practicing as I’ve still got a long way to go.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment