Friday, March 15, 2013

Congregation




I managed to get out for a wander today so I once again went down to the local duck pond. There wasn’t much around while I down there so I didn’t spend very long at the duckpond. While I was there, a group of birds had congregated on a short bit of fence next to the pond.

To make the most of this composition I used an aperture of F8 to give a deep enough depth of field. I was using the camera in manual mode, so I also programmed a shutter speed of 1/500th of a second to remove any form of movement.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and lowered both the highlights and the shadows. I also changed the white balance and decreased the saturation; I did this to ensure the whites were pure. I didn’t change anything else as I am very happy with the effect that I had created.

I’m very pleased with how this photo has come out, wildlife and bird photography is defiantly my favourite form of photography. I will certainly be doing more of this in the future; hopefully improving my skills as I go.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment