Monday, March 18, 2013

Testing




I was looking back through the photos I took at the Focus On Imaging event that both Bex and I went to earlier this month. This photo was taken while I was at the Sigma sales stand; they had a very large selection of lenses that you could try out if you asked. While I was there I tried out some lenses, when the person showed me there brand new 35mm F1.4 lens. I tried it on my camera to see what it could do.

I selected the maximum aperture of F1.4 to see how small the depth of field was. I found it was tiny; looking back at the image I took the depth of field was about 1cm! The lens gives an equivalent focal length of 56mm.

When I looked back at the photos I took while testing the lens this one looked a little arty with the shallow depth of field separating my kit lens from the surroundings. I had the camera in aperture priority and left the camera to choose the shutter speed and the ISO sensitivity. I didn’t use the flash as I didn’t want to irritate the other people around me.

I didn’t edit the photo for two reasons. The first is that I am happy with the effect of the photo, the camera calculated the exposure perfectly and didn’t require changing. The second is to show how small the depth of field really is and how good the quality of the lens is.

Looking through the photos I took at the Focus On Imaging event brought back the great memories we made. We both had a fantastic time at the event and gathered a lot of useful information.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment