Monday, March 4, 2013

Homeward Bound




The Focus On Imaging event that Bex and I went to yesterday was awesome!!! We both had a fantastic time, and were given a lot of useful information from every stall. Everyone we spoke to was very friendly and willing to help us look for the right equipment. Unfortunately the time came for us to depart and return back home. We both took our cameras with us, but for the first time for a large event we didn’t take that many photos!

I took this one on our way home waiting for the train; before ours arrived, a series of other trains past ours by. As one was pulling away I thought it mad an interesting composition passing the signal at the end of the platform. I used the camera in manual mode so I could select both the shutter speed and the aperture. In this case I chose an aperture of F5.6 and a shutter speed of 1/500th of a second. The aperture I selected gives a reasonable depth of field which is the effect I wanted to create in the final image. The shutter speed I chose was fast enough for the focal length that I was using.

To edit the photo I boosted the contrast and lowered the highlights to stop them from clipping. I didn’t crop the photo down, because I was happy with how I had framed the photo at the station. I didn’t change the colour tone or the saturation, as I was happy with how the colours had been replicated.

We both had such a good time at Focus On Imaging; we will defiantly be going back again next year. We both recommend it to anyone with even the smallest interest in photography.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment