Saturday, March 2, 2013

Branching Up




Bex and I managed to get out for a walk today; we went slightly out of our town today to a park that we haven’t been to for quite a while. We decided to sit down and watch the world go by for a while, we were about to move on when I noticed three trees standing on their own; which I think made a very interesting composition.

I used the camera in aperture priority and selected an aperture of F11 to ensure the whole scene was sharp front to back. I under exposed by two stops to silhouette the tree and to enhance the blue sky. I composed the photo so that the tree was in the left hand side of the frame.

I didn’t edit the photo, as I was happy with the effect that I had created. The levels were as I wanted them and the composition was spot on what I wanted. I thought I might spoil the effect if I changed the composition or the light levels.

Tomorrow Bex and I are going to the Focus On Imaging Show in the NEC at Birmingham. We’ve been very excited about this trip for a long time! Both of us have planned the day out to the last detail. We will let you know how we get on when we get back.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment