Friday, March 29, 2013

Keeping Time



I was looking through the photos on one of my trips to a preserved railway and this one ‘jumped’ out at me. I liked the composition I had created with the tracks leading off under the bridge and into the distance. I also like how the steam engine (A BR standard 9F) is waiting at the platform ready and waiting for the day ahead.
I had the camera in auto mode so the camera selected the aperture and shutter speed. In this case it chose an aperture of F11 and a shutter speed of 1/160th. I composed the photo so the engine number was in the left side of the frame with the tracks leading under the bridge to the right side of the frame.
I didn’t edit the photo as I was happy with how the photo had come out. I really like the composition and the camera had exposed the photo perfectly. Also the colours had been replicated perfectly, so I didn’t need to change the colour saturation or temperature.
I enjoy railway photography and I would really like to go back to a railway for some photography very soon. There are so many possibilities with railway photography and I have quite a few ideas that I would like to try out the next time I’m at a preserved railway.
Mat 

No comments:

Post a Comment