Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hanging Catkin




Once again I am uploading a photo from my trip out to the nature reserve on Tuesday. This one was taken on the same bush as the one I uploaded yesterday, but from a different angle. I was also aiming for a different effect. I wanted more of the bush to be in the final image.

To get the effect that I wanted I used a short focal length (20mm) so that as much was kept in the frame as possible. I also selected a narrow aperture of F11 to keep as much in focus while allowing the use of a medium shutter speed. I also used the flash to boost the contrast between the background and the subject.

To edit the photo, I boosted the contrast further to enhance the effect I was trying to create and I also lowered the shadows to make the photo more dynamic. I increased the colour tone and the saturation to make the greens more prominent and to give the photo more ‘punch’.

Hopefully Bex and I will have a chance to go out for a wander at some point over this weekend, if the weather is nice enough that is. Otherwise we might do some indoor photography instead.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment