Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pink Roses




I had some spare time today so I thought I should get my camera out for some photography. The weather wasn’t too pleasant outside so I thought I could do some still life photos inside. I haven’t done much still life recently and I had some ideas I wanted to try.

For this still life shoot I was using a vase with various flowers in, I thought the brightness and variety of the colours made an interesting composition. To make the most of the light pink roses I positioned the vase close to a window with the curtains drawn apart from a small slit left to let light into the room and onto the flowers. I positioned the camera onto a tripod and selected aperture priority and programmed an aperture of F7.1. I also pre-selected the ISO sensitivity, I chose to use ISO 100 to ensure the quality remained as high as possible. The camera selected a shutter speed of 2.5 seconds.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and lowered the shadows to make the contrast look more dynamic. I also cropped the photo to remove an unwanted shadow from the bottom left corner. I didn’t change anything else as I was happy with the effect that I had created.

I enjoyed todays still life photo shoot, I haven’t done one in a while and it was good to try out the ideas that I’ve been thinking about. I will be uploading the photos I took over the next few days, I hope you enjoy them.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment