Friday, March 1, 2013

Rusted



This is another photo from my trip to the architectural salvage yard a few days ago. As I mentioned previously, a few metres past the entrance, no patch of wall is left uncovered. This photo was taken of another object along the wall.

There is no rhyme to what is placed there; it seems to be anything that the owner likes the look of. On my way out, I stopped to admire everything that lined the wall, and spotted a group of cogs. I decided to focus on one cog as I wanted to capture all of the details that can only be seen close up. I only focused on part of the single cog to add interest to the photo, as it makes it seem a little abstract.

I had to under-expose the photo slightly to get a fast enough shutter speed to keep it sharp; I corrected this in Photoshop. I increased the brightness and contrast to make the image more vibrant. I then decreased the saturation almost completely, as I wanted to push forward the idea of age, while not completely losing the colour of rust. I’m really pleased with this image; it took a little longer to edit than normal as I was being fussy, but it was definitely worth it!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment