Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Short Pause




I did manage to get out for a short walk today, I didn’t have very long so I just went round my local area. I didn’t see much as I was walking but just as I was about to turn back for home this small bird landed on a tree in front of me, it didn’t stay very long but I managed to capture a few photos of it.

I knew I didn’t have long so I quickly put the camera in shutter priority and selected 1/800th of a second, this eliminated all forms of camera shake and subject movement. Fortunately the camera was already in continuous drive mode so I took a short series of photos to ensure I caught a photo that I liked.

To edit the photo I decreased the contrast and increased the shadows. I did this because I wasn’t completely happy with how the camera calculated the exposure. I also changed the white balance to make the sky look more blue. I didn’t crop the photo as I was happy with how I had composed the photo.

I’m glad I got a chance for a short walk today, I hope I get a chance to go for a longer one this weekend.
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment