Monday, February 11, 2013

Memories




I’ve almost run out of photos that I can upload to the blog, so I looked through my computer’s memory for some inspiration. I was looking through one of the albums from a family holiday in North Wales when I stumbled across this photo. This photo brings back good memories from all the holidays that we’ve been on.

This photo was taken before I seriously got into photography and so was taken on a digital compact in auto. I composed the photo so that two trees would create borders along either side of the frame, with the river flowing behind. I also like having the third tree in the centre of the frame because it splits the photo in two.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast, lowered the highlights and decreased the saturation. I increased the contrast because the original photo was looking quite ‘flat’ beforehand but I had to decrease the highlights to ensure they didn’t white-out. I decreased the saturation because I think it creates a more appropriate atmosphere for this particular photo.

I always enjoy holidays in Wales and I very much look forward to my next one, whenever it shall be. Creating special memories with special people.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment