Sunday, February 24, 2013

Angry Ducks




Following on from my recent posts I thought I should upload another photo from my walk down to the duckpond. I was watching a small group of ducks, and a few of the male mallards were fighting over the female mallard. I wanted to capture a photo of this but as they moved around I struggled to get a photo quick enough.

To capture the photo I used the camera in shutter priority and chose a shutter speed of 1/1000th to ensure that all movement was frozen. I left the camera in automatic ISO selection. The camera selected an aperture of F5.6 and ISO 800 to complete the exposure. I framed the photo so there was an even spread across the frame.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and the shadows. I did this to balance out the exposure. I also used the noise reduction to decrease the amount of noise in the photo. I didn’t change the composition as I was pleased with how balanced the frame appeared. I didn’t change the saturation or colour tone either, because I was happy with how the colours had been represented.

I’m quite pleased with this photo but I think I still need more practice to capture the moment I wanted. Perhaps the next I go down to the ducpond I will get a chance to.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment