Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dull Day




We didn’t get a chance to go out for a walk today, so I looked through my computer again for some inspiration. I found this photo, it was taken on quite a dull day, but it had potential so I decided to use it and edit it to release its potential.

I took this photo in program auto mode, with the camera choosing to use an aperture of F5 and a shutter speed of 1/60th of a second. I didn’t use the flash as it would not have reached the hedge so would make no effect to the photo.

To edit the photo I de-saturated it to make it black and white. I then adjusted the amount of red in the photo to increase the contrast and to ensure the sky didn’t white out. I didn’t edit anything else because I was happy with how I had taken the photo.

Hopefully Bex and I will be able to go out for a photography wander tomorrow, if the weather is nice we will probably go down to the local duckpond.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment