Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Aged



I planned to take a trip into the town centre today but I’m quite easily distracted, and soon found that I had strayed quite far off the beaten track! I found a small architectural salvage yard just off of the bus route which I had visited only once before, and couldn’t remember where it was. Having spotted it on the off chance, I decided to stop and have a look around.

The owners take in anything they find, which makes it an amazing place to visit, as there’s always something different! Today, I found a Kodak Brownie among other things. There is a passageway to the entrance; at the front of the passage is a metal archway, and after this point, not a square foot of space is left clear on the walls. This candelabra caught my attention as it wasn’t in the best condition but was still bright. I decided to focus on one branch, as the crowded walls either side distracted attention from this. I used an aperture of F8 in order that the branch was in focus and most eye-catching, while still having context by having the ability to see the background.

It was a really cloudy day, so I struggled to get the correct exposure. Due to this, I had to brighten the image in Photoshop, as well as increase contrast. I also increased the saturation, in order to emphasise the striking colour. I love visiting the architectural salvage; it’s interesting because there’s always something that catches your eye!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment