Monday, February 4, 2013

Early Waters




Today I decided to get up before dawn to try and capture the sun as it was rising. So I got up and set up my camera equipment about twenty minutes before the sun was due to rise. Unfortunately the sky had mostly clouded over by the time I set up but I decided to carry on anyway.

I put the camera into manual and set the AF into manual mode as well so I could have complete control over every setting. I had set the camera up on my tripod. I set the aperture to F10 to keep the whole scene sharp from front to back. I had preselected the ISO speed to ISO 100 to keep as much detail as possible; I then completed the exposure with a shutter speed of 30 seconds. As I was using a tripod I didn’t need to worry about the long exposure.

To edit the photo, I rotated the rotated the image, and increased the contrast. Before, the image looked a bit flat so by increasing the contrast it makes the photo look punchier. I also increased the saturation to make the sky more orange and to make the photo look more vivid.

I enjoyed my early morning photoshoot, it was a pity that the clouds had set in, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe sometime soon I will go out again to try and capture the sun rising.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment