Thursday, February 21, 2013

Perched




I took this photo on my recent trip to our local duckpond. While looking across the pond I saw a branch sticking out of the water, soon after this a bird flew down and perched itself on the branch. I waited until the bird was looking to the left so the composition looked how I wanted; then I took the photo.

To capture this photo I used the camera in shutter priority and selected a shutter speed of 1/640th of a second, this was adequate to freeze any movement the bird might make. I underexposed the exposure by two stops to counteract the metering. I framed the photo so the bird was in the right side of the frame looking to the left I also made sure that the reflection of the bird was included in the frame.

I didn’t change anything in the editing stage because I was happy with the effect I had created. I really like how I had composed the photo and the exposure was spot on. I didn’t change the exposure as I didn’t want to spoil the effect I had created.

I’m going away for a few days so it will be down to Bex to run the blog, I hope you all enjoy the photos she uploads. I know she has got some amazing photos that she wants to upload.

Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment