Thursday, February 14, 2013

Not Always




My title is a follow on from yesterday’s title proclaiming that roses are red, in anticipation of today’s events. I hope you had a great day, whatever you chose to do. For me, my Valentine’s Day involved coffee, presents, getting stranded and causing myself unbelievable awkwardness.

Mat and I went into town today, stopping for coffee in our usual place. Today, however, the usually calm tree-lined town was awash with film crews, spectators and an awful lot of road rage! After coffee, we decided to investigate. I couldn’t see much as the sun was in my eyes, but asked the nearest person if they were involved, to which they said yes and told me what was being filmed. A cloud came over, at which point I realised I had been chatting to Gary Lineker for the past 5 minutes without realising! I then proceeded to think aloud saying, “Oh, you’re… you!” – not my finest moment I must admit.

It’s a long-standing tradition that my friends and I give each other gifts on Valentine’s Day and this year was no exception. My mother bought me a bunch of peach roses (my favourite flower), and Mat gave me a fish eye; something I have been eager to obtain for almost a year.

While trying my new lens, I started taking photos of my flowers, but accidentally caught them in the mirror. I decided I liked this so tried to make a point of including it. I have increased the sharpness and the saturation, but haven’t edited apart from this.

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment