Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Roses Are Red




It’s Valentines Day tomorrow! Hopefully you have something nice planned. I love having things marked on the calendar, as it gives me a theme to work towards. On the subject of themes, I would like to run a small competition. If you have something you’d like to see us cover more of, send an email to dailywandersblog@gmail.com with your name, and your idea for a theme. We’ll choose our favourite, then we’ll upload something which we feel suits it. But for today, it’s valentines!

I didn’t have a lot to do today, and the weather was miserable so I spent most of the day messing around with my filters and taking photos around the house. I found a small artificial rose from last year, which was dipped in glitter at the tips. I used macro filters equivalent to +6. I focused on the centre of the flower and used flash, meaning the edges were out of focus but produced spots of reflection where the glitter caught the light.

I have increased the contrast and sharpened the image, but otherwise I have left it alone. I’m pleased with this photo; I feel that working to a theme gives me better results, so I can’t wait for your suggestions!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment