Saturday, February 9, 2013

Difference




It’s a bit of a treat for me today; my Internet hasn't been working well at home for the last few days, but I was determined to write a post. Presently, I’m sat in a local coffee shop with a large cappuccino, a blueberry muffin and my laptop.
I attended a family friend’s wedding a few days ago. After the service, the bride and groom left to have photos taken, leaving the guests to their own devices. As a creature of habit, I took my camera with me. While we were left to talk to the other guests, I walked around the small country church with my camera, and found a stairwell, approximately two feet wide maximum. As I was looking up, a man walked down the stairs. We started talking; it turns out that it leads to an office!
I tried to hold the camera as close to the central post as possible, to place the most focus on this and to use it as a lead in line. I also tried to include a few steps, the uppermost steps as a background, and the small window; I did this is order to give the photo context so it wasn’t quite as abstract. I increased the contrast of the image and sharpened it, to make it more eye catching. I also desaturated it, but not completely as I liked the slightly “washed out” look. I’m off to a concert tonight, but hopefully I will get chance to go for another wander soon!
Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment