Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Flowering




On the walk I went on yesterday, after attempting to photograph the sunrise I decided to take some photos of the flowers near-by. As the sun was still rising it created a warmer glow on the flowers which created an interesting effect on the orange pattern.

To take full advantage of the warm glow I used a warm white balance, which emphasises the early morning glow of the sun. Instead of using my standard lens I used my telephoto lens as I wanted a very short depth of field. Also I used my flashgun to give the photo some extra punch. I was using manual mode to preselect an aperture of F5.6 and an aperture of 1/300th of a second. I left the camera to select the ISO automatically.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and adjusted the white balance to give the photo more vibrancy. I didn’t change anything else because I liked the effect that I had created. I liked the composition that I captured.

Bex and I are planning a photography wander this weekend so we should both have more photos for us to upload throughout the holiday.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment