Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Texture




It’s still winter, and the bleak colourlessness is set continue for a while yet. I have had a busy few days, so haven’t had chance to go for a walk. Whilst looking through my computer for a recent photo to upload, I found an image from an Autumnal trip to the city centre. This photo was taken on the outskirts of town, near to the long stretch of pathway lined with trees that I’ve mentioned on several previous occasions.

I took this photo using an aperture of F5.6 to get a shallow depth of field; I did this to make the amount of texture in the tree appear greater, and to focus on the main branch at the front. I focused on this branch as I liked the shape; it added more interest to the photo. After I took the photo, I edited it. I increased the brightness and contrast to make the image seem more eye catching, and increased the saturation to add vibrancy. I also increased the sharpness, but this was just to pick out finer details in the leaves.

Sometimes I think it’s nice to make an image a little abstract; it makes you think about the photo to a further extent than a hearty “that’s pretty” before moving on. I also think it allows you to focus a little less on small pieces of the composition, making the most of what’s in front of you.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment