Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Refreshing Drink




There were a lot of swans at the duckpond, when I went for my walk last week. Some of them made some interesting compositions which I decided to photograph. One of my favourites is when the swans lean down to drink the water; I really wanted to catch the water as it dripped off their mouths.

To capture the movement of the water I needed a fast shutter speed, I decided to use 1/400th of a second as I thought this would be fast enough. I was using my monopod so I didn’t have to worry about camera shake. The camera selected an aperture of F 5.6 and an ISO of 250 to complete the exposure. I didn’t use the flash in case it scared the swans off. I composed the photo so the swan was in the right hand side of the frame.

I didn’t edit the photo as I was pleased with the effect that I had created. I didn’t crop the photo because I like how I had framed it. The exposure was spot on and didn’t require any adjustments either.

Hopefully the weather will cheer up again soon, and if it does I will defiantly be out with my camera once again!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment